Monday, June 1, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Victorian Lady and Story Time Sampler

Happy June!! Yesterday saw my last and 35th start of Stitch Maynia - Victorian Lady by Joan Elliott.


I just love the colors on her, it's not necessarily something you would expect but just screams Victorian to me! Here is where I got to yesterday:


I'm stitching her on 28 Jazlyn in Strawberry Swirls from Under The Sea Fabrics. I really like the way the orange tones pops on the pink fabric!

Yesterday also saw the release of the June frame of the Story Time Sampler! We didn't get the hint until yesterday morning, so we didn't have too much time to guess:


Common guesses were Treasure Island and Peter Pan (I guessed the latter) and I was right! Here is Peter in all his glory:


I think the pirate ship is my favorite part of this piece, and once again my frame color choice was very appropriate with the trees and mermaid's tail both sinking into the frame, which I love. The clouds and Hook's hook aren't easily seen in the picture but they show up much better in person. Here is the full piece to date:


This is being stitched on 28 Jobelan in Melody from Hand Dyed Fabrics By Stephanie using all flosses and silks from Mo's Sale. I just love how this is turning out this year!

Today we will also see the Gemini portion of the Zodiac SAL. As a Gemini myself, I'm very excited to see how this portion comes out and will be eager to work on it today!

Until next time!
~Katy

8 comments:

  1. Another great start and Story Time is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of the great starts Katy. I love your Story Time Sampler. I am getting the patterns each month, but I can't read the charts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yep that's my favorite part definitely. I'm a pirate fan. Also great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start, love the fabric. Looking forward to your Gemini stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Love the Storytime Sampler :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great start and I love your Story Time Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Katy! I have just been catching up on all of your stitching posts. I did see all your starts in the FB group but reading your posts really shows just how busy, and crazy :0), you are with all these WIP's. You have some beautiful pieces on the go - can't wait to see more of them :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stitching! I love the Victorian Lady and have her all kitted up and ready to start myself! You've done really well keeping up with the story-time sampler!

    ReplyDelete