Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day of Previews

For the first time this year, I don't have much stitching to show you. I realized yesterday was the 30th (where the heck has the time gone?!) and that I needed to get my piece ready for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I had only intended to measure things out, but then realized that I was technically going to need to start stitching on the 31st (aka today) to get the A done for posting on the 1st. With the next portion of both the Storytime Sampler and the Walking Through the Stars Zodiac SAL scheduled to come out on the 31st and 1st respectively, plus looking at some other things coming in the month ahead, I decided to go ahead and get started on my Once Upon A Time Character Alphabet so I wouldn't fall behind.

BUT - that means I can't show you anything yet! Well...except maybe for this tiny preview:

Let me just say I'm super excited about how this is going to go this month! I decided to stitch this on 32 count Jobelan in Witches Brew from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. I've already made a couple of tiny, minor changes (i.e. beads instead of french knots), but this pattern is great! I love it!

I've also made a few decisions about how this month is going to work as far as my blogging goes. It's going to be a little bit different for those of you who are my regular followers.

First, I'm going to be posting two posts a day every day (except Sunday). One will be a post specifically dedicated to the challenge, and the other will be about whatever piece came up in the rotation that day. The challenge post will always be the most recent post on my blog. This is so that those new visitors coming to the blog for the first time as part of the challenge can quickly and easily find my challenge posts and if they like, they can stick around!

Second, I'm not going to post a picture of the entire piece until the end. Typically in pieces like this, when I finish a section, I show both the finished section and the entire piece to date. I've decided for this challenge, I'm going to wait to show the entire piece at the end when it's all finished and only focus on each letter of the day.

I hope you enjoy what's to come as much as I will!

Oh! One more preview to show you! The preview for the April frame of the Storytime Sampler came out yesterday. What do you think it could be?

The most popular suggestion so far seems to lean towards The Wizard of Oz. We'll see tonight! Can't wait!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on both, I'm encorporating my a-z pieces with my regular pieces, hope it all works out. Got 3 more posts to write and schedule, hoping to finish today so that all the writing is done before we begin with mass visiting. Though I have been visiting at least 5 a day since signing up so am some where around150 visits so far.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be creative as well as busy in April! Have fun!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing and reading all about your challenge as well as your other projects! As far as I'm concerned there can never be too many posts to read...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting ahead of A to Z. I had a similar dilemma and decided to start a new blog to keep my A to Z and my other posts apart. Cross stitch is one craft I do not enjoy doing, but it can be beautiful. My A to Z is on
    Sue’s Trifles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your progress, Katy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good already :) Looking forward to watching it come together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tease! Can't wait to follow your progress this month :D

    ReplyDelete