Friday, February 20, 2015

Butterfly Fairy

Yesterday I was able to put some time in on Butterfly Fairy by Joan Elliott.

There is just something about her pieces that I absolutely love. I have MANY of her patterns in my stash and even more on my wish list to acquire. I would love to have a wall in my house dedicated to her fairies - maybe in my stitching haven (that I'm starting to plan out - more on that sometime soon). Here is where I got to last night:

I spent quite a bit of time on the one over one skin of her arm. I think it looks good so far! I've also decided after looking over the pattern for a bit yesterday that I'm going to substitute the kreinik French Knots (the idea of doing those in kreinik makes me cringe) with Mill Hill beads, so I ordered a few  of those last night, too.

As long as I don't bend over, my back is pretty much back to normal. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I can now walk without a cane, I don't need the pain meds, I'm just going to crouch to pick things up rather than bend for awhile!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's beautiful! Love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is looking beautiful. I hope you continue to recover and your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Don't blame you at all - I hate Kreinik. Mill Hill beads will be a wonderful substitute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful. I've been debating over 1 for skin, but haven't got that far yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the over 1 for the skin.

    ReplyDelete