Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF!!

Brrr!! It's cold! Yesterday it was in the 70's and 80's here in Dallas, tonight we have a freeze warning...these 30+ or more degree temperature drops are not something I'm fond of! I'm just glad that it's Friday and even though I have work to do at home this weekend, I don't have to go to my office for two days...yay!

I did work some on Beauty and the Beast tonight. My main focus tonight was around the central portion of the sunset which is full of blending filament. I took the suggestion of doing the crosses and then going over them with the filament, so even though it doesn't necessarily look like a lot of progress, I pretty much did the same section twice!
As of 10/26/12
I tried to capture the sparkle, as it looks really pretty and really helps to centralize the growing portion of the sunset in the sky. Blending filament is hard to capture on film!

Hope you all have a wonderfully stitchy weekend!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Looking pretty, really taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the WIP, looking good. I am SW of Houston, so it was windy and cold on Friday here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea doing the blending filament second, I hate how it tangles/frays on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your progress looks amazing =) I think I can see a bit of the sparkles =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I just recently found your blog and became a follower. I love your Beauty and the Beast piece. I have a few of these kits, but haven't been brave enough to start one. I enlarged the pic and saw the sparklies. The piece looks awesome.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete