Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Seeing Red

The great thing about large blocks of color with no variation to it is that you can stitch and not worry about counting so much! It's the perfect stitching project for watching a movie or drinking a glass of wine with...not that I know about that or anything! ;-)

Here is the beginning of the band of red in the middle of the frame that splits Santa's workshop up top from the calendar at the bottom:

As of 10/10/12
It's my hope to get this band completed by the end of the rotation. Technically, there are still a couple of outstanding bands of blue and yellow on either side of this current piece, but the hoop just wasn't large enough. I figure if I can finish the red band where it stands now, I'll just pick one side or the other to finalize the middle on that side and then work my way around the frame and complete the missing portion of this band on the other side when I get around to it. Works for me!

Until next time!
~Katy

4 comments:

  1. I love projects like that. Looking good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to have a simple bit of stitching to do every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great =) Mindless stitching can sometimes be very relieving =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great on the red border! That's a good idea to keep on going until you get to the end before you move the hoop. Enjoy your TV and wine while you stitch! LOL

    ReplyDelete