Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lots of Border...

I haven't even started on the red yet and I know this is going to be a very border heavy piece! Here is the progress I made tonight. I was drinking a nice glass of wine to wind down the day while I was doing this and while I was lucky enough to not be visited by any frogs, I definitely was slower moving! Ha!

As of 10/9/12
Tomorrow I will start working on the red border that is beneath these rows, and trust me, there's a lot! I have a sinking feeling that this piece will be a struggle for me to stay focused on when it comes up in the rotation, but I have to keep telling myself that I absolutely love the end result (and I do), so if I want that for myself (and I do), I just need to keep pressing on! it's times like this I'm thankful for having a rotation - if I didn't, I likely wouldn't work on this piece regularly like I do now! So I'll keep plugging along, knowing I have an end goal!

Hope you're all having a great week!

Until next time!
~Katy

3 comments:

  1. It's looking very nice!
    Very nice indeed! and the ornaments are adorable.
    What I like to do with big blocks of border is to do a needle-full or two of the main color, then a needle-full of one other color, then back to the main. Keeps my interest, as much as anything can :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true.. Keep your eye on the Prize. Always tell my kids/grandkids. It helps me. I love this, so I for one are happy to hear you will keep plugging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooo a state fair! Now that sounds fun!!! I wish the Canadian Provinces had something similar :)

    Have a great time!

    M

    ReplyDelete