Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hello!

Hi! My name is Katy and welcome to my little corner of the web! I've started this blog with no expectation of followers, but instead to be my little journal of my favorite hobby - cross stitch!

A little about me...I'm 32, married to my college sweetheart for 10 years, I work full time and have two kids, my 6-year old daughter T and my 2-year old son D, which means my stitching time is pretty limited to evenings when the kids are in bed and sometimes during the weekend, but it's definitely my way to unwind!

I have been stitching since I was in middle school. My first truly completed projects (that I don't have pictures of) were a trio of crosses for a medieval history unit, and the bug's been with me ever since! I also completed a pattern for my grandmother, which still hangs in her own craft room at her home to this day!

I don't stitch all the time. In fact, part of why I started this blog was because the bug has just hit me again after about a year off. I spent a lot of time of recent weeks cruising a lot of blogs and getting a lot of ideas, but I most wanted to have a place where I can keep track of what I've done, when I've done it, even if it's a long time in between posts. With the bug in full force right now, though, I don't imagine that this will be a slow blog for awhile!

 I do have a small and growing stash, a few completed pieces, a few works in progress, and lots of things I want to do. My favorite subject to stitch is Christmas, but I'm open to almost anything - whatever I like, works for me!

I'm looking forward to building this blog and keeping track of my favorite hobby and sharing it with whomever out there is interested!

Until next time, keep stitching!
~ Katy

1 comment:

  1. Hello Katy

    I've just started blogging too.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete